Our mission at Desmos is to help every student learn math and love learning math. Not some students. Every student. With that in mind, we recently added new language options for students and teachers using Desmos.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin to explore our newly translated interface:
When you change your language setting, the language of the website’s interface changes, but the language of the activity does not update with this setting. Before you run an activity with students, preview the activity to make sure the text is in the correct language.
Not all of our activities are available in other languages yet, but you can find some of our translated activities here:
- Spanish | Español (LATAM) – Starter Screens | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2 | Precalculus
- Russian | Pусский – Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2 | Precalculus
- French | Français – Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2 | Precalculus
- Chinese | 简体中文 – Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2
- Italian | Italiano - Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2 | Precalculus
- Dutch | Nederlands - Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2 | Precalculus
- Korean | - Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2 | Precalculus
- Estonian | - Starter Screens | Algebra 1 | Algebra 2
Please note that, at the moment, some of our translated activities use the U.S. imperial system of measurements and have not yet been converted to the metric system. For those activities, there is a note in the description to alert you before you assign them to your students.
We hope our translated interface will enable you to create activities for your students in your native language. In the meantime, as we work to translate more of our activities, if you come across an activity that isn’t available in your language, we encourage you to use our “copy and edit” feature to translate the content for your students. To learn more about creating your own activities, please visit help.desmos.com. If you are interested in learning specifically about our “copy and edit” feature, please check out this webinar.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
A special thanks to our current freelance translators who have worked hard, in collaboration with our internal team, to provide greater accessibility to our users worldwide.
French: Jocelyn Dagenais, Marc Berrai, Frédéric Ouellet, Ranoro Lambert
Spanish (LATAM): Gabriela Quiaro, Jocelyn Adele Gonzalez Junco, Juan Gomez
Russian: Ljudmilla Rozhdestvenskaya, Mich Rozhdestvenskaya, Svitlana Berezova
Simplified Chinese: Hou Ian Lei, Wailing Mak, Xinyuan Yu
Italian: Michele Bianchi, Alessia Canonico, Elisa Bottazzi, Roberto Catanuto Dutch: Robin Devos, Robin Slomp, Ari Fijan
Korean: Keun Young Ko (Jennifer), Yeongha Kim
Estonian: Elin Mandel, Eliise Haljas