The Desmos fellowship invites a diverse and talented group of educators to help shape our understanding of “every student” and their needs.
We started the Desmos fellowship to invite a diverse and talented group of educators to join us in conversation and help shape our understanding of “every student in the classroom” and their needs.
Desmos Fellowship: Cohort 4
Interested in learning more about our next fellowship weekend? We would love to update you when we open applications again.
The Fellowship Experience
As a Desmos fellow, you’ll participate in learning experiences led by current Desmos fellows and the Desmos Classroom team. The weekend is collaborative and each participant shapes the learning of the group itself. At the end of the fellowship weekend, you'll take all of those tools and ideas back to your schools and districts, energizing your own practice and that of your colleagues.
We hope the fellowship weekend is just the beginning of your participation in the Desmos Fellowship and your collaboration with the Desmos Classroom team.
Before Fellowship Weekend, you will:
- Introduce yourself on Slack (our internal chat software) to the Desmos Classroom and to other Desmos Fellows.
- Let the other Desmos Fellows know what kind of help you can offer the group and what kind of help the group can offer you.
- Participate in bi-weekly online chats about math, teaching and Desmos Classroom.
During Fellowship Weekend, you will:
- Help us learn more about the ways you support diverse students in their learning of challenging mathematics, with and without technology.
- Learn how our team helps teachers use our powerful technology and activities.
- Collaborate with other Desmos fellows to create a resource to share with other teachers.
- Receive a certificate of participation for 15 hours of continuing education.
- Leave the fellowship weekend with new questions, friends and goals for the upcoming school year.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org